Food Tip A Mediterranean diet benefits your heart and your waistline. Dieters lost more weight on a Mediterranean diet than on a low-fat or low-carb one.
Follow a heart-healthy Mediterranean diet to reap benefits around your waist as well. New research suggests that a Mediterranean-style diet, in addition to being good for your overall health, may be the best eating plan for shedding excess weight. People who were moderately obese lost more weight on a Mediterranean-style food plan than those who adhered to low-fat or low-carbohydrate diets. At Cleveland Clinic Wellness, we advocate the Mediterranean way of eating, because it encourages heart-healthy fats and fiber-rich grains, legumes, fruits and vegetables. Following this kind of diet can help normalize cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar levels. Losing weight is just another heart-healthy benefit. To get started on a Mediterranean-style diet.
- Mediterranean Diet Tops List of ‘Livable’ Diets (webmd.com)
- Can sleep apnoea be eased by a Mediterranean diet? (time4sleep.co.uk)
- Cracking the Low-Carb Code (everydayhealth.com)
- Mediterranean diet can help sleep apnoea, says study (storagebedsdirect.co.uk)
- What Is The Mediterranean Diet? (answers.com)