Everybody into the pool! Water workouts offer the same aerobic benefits as exercising on land, but with less strain on the joints.
For a workout that puts less wear and tear on your body, just add water. Water-based activities, like swimming, water aerobics or hydro cycling, can be just as effective for boosting cardiovascular health, but with less force on the joints. For people who are overweight or have arthritis or other chronic pain, water workouts can help take the ouch out of exercise and lessen the risk of injury — all while protecting your ticker. Sedentary people who begin a fitness regimen can reduce their risk of a heart attack by 35 to 55 percent. Just jump in and get started!
- Water Workouts Offer Same Aerobic Benefits With Less Wear And Tear (medicalnewstoday.com)
- 40+ Fit and Fabulous Woman #5 (runfindyourhappypace.com)
- abdominal aerobic exercises (technomojo.info)
- Water Exercise for Fibromyalgia (everydayhealth.com)
- Water Aerobics is one way to exercise if your too heavy: Find out more from an aerobic instructor (barbaralynnabel.wordpress.com)
- Wellness: Interesting Facts and Tips About Chronic Pain #Pain (miscfinds4u.com)
- Celebration Family Fitness- Expands water aerobics classes (redding.com)