Misc Tip Boost your happiness by letting go of regrets. You’ve forgiven others for their mistakes. It’s time to forgive yourself too.
To achieve greater happiness in the coming year, practice making peace with yourself. From an early age, we learn about the power of forgiveness. In order to be happy, we have to let go of our hurt and find compassion for those who have wronged us. Holding a grudge, we’re taught, hurts us more than it hurts those we resent. But the one person we often neglect to forgive is our self Regret is a powerful emotion that can keep us locked in the past. It drains us, steals our confidence, and prevents us from finding joy in the present. Remember that everyone makes mistakes — it’s a part of life. It’s how we grow. To let go of your past disappointments, Jane Ehrman, Med a mind-body coach at the Cleveland Clinic Center for Integrative Medicine, recommends journaling about them. Ask yourself what you would do differently and better if you had it to do over again. What can you learn about yourself from the experience? Take time to work through these feelings. And, when you’re ready, let go of the shame and guilt.
- Why We Need to Forgive (can You Do It?) (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- Forgiveness (dprogram.net)
- Forgiveness: The Best Gift You Can Give Yourself (livinglifeforward.net)
- Letting Go – It’s time to Forgive (h3artfeltwordz.wordpress.com)
- Forgiveness Sake… For Goodness Sake! (theevolvinghealer.com)
- The Art of Forgiveness. (positive-thoughts.typepad.com)
- To Forgive…Difficult, but Divine (permissionslips.wordpress.com)
- Live Longer by Practicing Forgiveness (psychologytoday.com)
- Forgiveness is a gift to oneself (thevividoptimist.wordpress.com)
- 9 Steps to Forgiveness (psychologytoday.com)