Misc Tip Don’t like cold medicine? If a cough is keeping you up at night, try a spoonful of honey to help ease nighttime symptoms.
’Tis the season for stuffy noses and nasty coughs. If you’ve got a cough that won’t quit and are not a fan of over-the-counter cold medicine, try a spoonful of honey instead. It may act as a natural cough suppressant. A study in young children found that a dose of honey before bedtime worked better than cough medicine to alleviate nighttime coughing.
It also led to better sleep. Some researchers believe that honey may help by soothing the back of the throat and breaking up mucus. Children under the age of 1 should not be given honey.
- Wellness: An All-Natural Honey Remedy (electrifymag.com)
- Homemade Cough Medicine Using Vodka, Molasses, Peppermint Candy (nextworldtv.com)
- Honey for Coughs (barbsdailydose.typepad.com)
- Get through Cold and Flu Season with Zarbee’s (mommybrainreports.com)
- Can’t. Stop. Coughing. (beckystout.wordpress.com)
- Coughs, coughs, coughs…. (joidevivre2.wordpress.com)
- Hi My Friends (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Cough Medicine for Colds (everydayhealth.com)
- Surviving the Creeping Crud (amyswandering.com)
- Feel better the Natural Way with @Zarbees (raisingthreesavvyladies.com)