Misc Tip Slim down and get moving to alleviate the pain of knee arthritis. Exercise and weight loss are the best treatments for osteoarthritis.
If osteoarthritis (garden variety arthritis) of the knee is crimping your lifestyle, ease into a low-impact, moderate exercise program, such as walking, water aerobics and strength training. A major medical review in the Annals of Internal Medicine has found that this type of exercise is the best nonsurgical way to lessen pain and improve movement in people with knee arthritis. According to the researchers, patients had better results when they adhered to an exercise program that their physician prescribed to them. Ask your doctor or physical therapist about workouts designed specifically for people with knee osteoarthritis. If you’re overweight or obese, losing even a small amount of weight can also help greatly.
- Study: Certain Types Of Exercise Can Help Osteoarthritis Sufferers (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- U Study Shows What Exercises Help Arthritis Sufferers Most (minnesota.cbslocal.com)
- Osteoarthritis: Now Affecting Over 21 Million People (casapalmera.com)
- Recognizing Common Symptoms of Osteoarthritis (pauhudson.wordpress.com)
- What is Arthritis (stopbackpaintx.com)
- Osteoarthritis Exercises for Knee Pain (everydayhealth.com)
- Controlling the Risk Factors for Osteoarthritis (everydayhealth.com)