Body Tip In a relationship rut? Pack your bags! Couples that travel together have better relationships — and sex — than those who don’t.
Feel like your relationship could use a little boost? Take a trip together. A new survey suggests that couples who travel together not only have better relationships, they also have better sex. What’s more, according to the 1,100 adults surveyed, taking a trip can actually spark togetherness and romance. The reason: It takes you out of your day-to-day routine and allows you to spend more quality time together. When you’re lounging by a pool and your only thought is what drink to order next, job woes and family pressures melt away to allow you to focus on one another instead. According to Sonja Lyubomirsky, Ph.D., author of The How of Happiness, once something remains the same for long enough, we no longer notice or appreciate it. Taking yourself out of your routine makes you more appreciative of the people and environment around you.
- Checklist: 8 things to do every day that will make you happier (bakadesuyo.com)
- “Happy, Happy, Happy…” (patsheveland.com)
- Can Old Love Be New Again? (psychologytoday.com)
- Happiness Favors the Prepared Mind (bigthink.com)
- The Science Behind a Great Marriage (sapple06.wordpress.com)