Body Tip Want gorgeous skin? Eat walnuts daily to help keep your epidermis youthful and plump.
Your skin gets thinner as you age, but lifestyle factors can accelerate it. Thinning skin is caused by too little protein in your diet, poor blood flow, inadequate amounts of healthy fat or too much of one hormone or another.
Technically, you’re not losing skin. A decrease in the thickness of each cell causes overall skin thinning and tearing, most often on the forearms. Our patients tell us that eating an ounce of walnuts a day (that’s about 24 walnut halves, which provide nutritious protein and fat) or taking a DHA omega-3 supplement is great for the skin. Petroleum jelly on the forearms also helps.
- The number of daily eating walnuts (runningforhealthy.wordpress.com)
- How to Get a Good Skin Routine (simplybeblog.co.uk)
- Radiant Skin, it Comes From Within! What to Eat to Make Your Skin Glow. (goodmorninghope.com)
- Detox tip: Dry-brushing (happyhealthy365.wordpress.com)
- Black walnut (completeherbalguide.com)