Body Tip To move more and weigh less, strap on a pedometer. It will encourage you to get out of your chair more often and take more steps each day.
Need a new way to motivate yourself to be active? Put on a pedometer to monitor how much you move each day. Researchers have found that the simple act of wearing one encourages people to walk more and be more active when they would otherwise be stationary for hours at a time (like at work or in front of the TV). Even if you exercise for 30 minutes a day, you may also spend a lot of time sitting. Taking breaks to stand up, stretch and move around at least once an hour can go a long way toward keeping you healthy and fit. According to Dr. Mike Roizen, chief wellness officer of the Cleveland Clinic, a pedometer is a must-have for everyone. In fact, he recommends owning two. “Buy a backup pedometer, and overpay for it. It is one of the four things in life for which you should overpay: a chef’s knife, great walking/exercise shoes, an engagement ring and two pedometers,” he says. That way, you’ll never have an excuse for not using one. Your ultimate walking goal is 10,000 steps per day. No excuses, says Dr. Mike. You can buy one of our recommended pedometers in the Cleveland Clinic Wellness store.
- Noom Launches Noom Walk, a pedometer app that counts your steps and shares your progress with friends (geektime.com)
- MedHelp to Host Online Chat on How Cancer Treatment Can Affect Heart… (prweb.com)
- Wellness Tip of the Day (youthvoicestt.com)
- Fitbit Pedometer Review (fitbitpedometerreview.wordpress.com)
- Pedometer Apps (thetechsideoffit.com)