Men, improve your chances of a long and healthy life by choosing olive oil and avocado over butter and mayo. Research shows that men who swapped 10 percent of their daily calories from animal fats with healthy fats like olive oil, seeds, avocados
or nuts were 30 percent less likely to die from prostate cancer and 25 percent less likely to die from any other disease compared to those who did not make the switch. Even a single daily tablespoon of oil-based salad dressing, such as balsamic vinaigrette, resulted in a noticeable drop in mortality risk. To protect your health and enjoy delicious flavor, use oil and vinegar instead of cream-based dressings and cook your food with extra virgin olive oil instead of mystery “vegetable” oil.
- Olive Oil Basics (toxicfoodie.org)
- Olive Oil Salad Dressing & Olive Oil Dressing for Salad | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Organic Olive Oil Producer Bellucci Premium Responds to Five Expert Tips to Determine Quality of Olive Oil (prweb.com)
- Extra Virginity: On Olive Oil and the Olive Oil Industry (diabeticmediterraneandiet.com)
- Gazpacho – A Fabulous Summer Soup (monamifood.wordpress.com)
- Go Greek! (xbydesign.wordpress.com)